Thursday, November 25, 2010

Booking Through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday has posted an interesting question:


It’s Thanksgiving here in the U.S. of A. so …
What authors and books are you most thankful for?

The books and authors that I am thankful for are:
• Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte because it was the first adult classic novel that I read and fell in love with.  I have read the book at least 3 or 4 times
• Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen because without her I wouldn't be able to enjoy seeing Colin Firth in a wet shirt
• East of Eden by John Steinbeck because it was a book that I was hesitant to read after reading The Grapes of Wrath and it was a book that when I have read it, I couldn't wait to get back to.
• The Robber Bride by Margaret Atwood because without that book, I probably wouldn't have gotten through lunch time in Grade 10.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOood choices. :) I love Austen and the Bronte sisters too.

http://wp.me/pFyoG-qd

gautami tripathy said...

Wonderful choices!

Here is my BTT: Thanks post!

Bev Hankins said...

Great choices! I just went with a list of authors...not even complete, I could go on for pages. Here's my post: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/11/booking-through-thursday-thankful.html

Anonymous said...

Jayne Eyre and Pride and Prejudice are great books to be thankful for. Excellent Choices.

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...