Thursday, August 4, 2011

Blog Hop



The question for this week is: Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it?).

The book that changed my life was Jacob have I Loved by Katherine Paterson.  From the time I was in Grade 3 until the start of Grade 7, I read The Babysitter Club and similar books.  I would read other things, but it was very rare that I would read something other than those type of books.  Because I was in a new school in Grade 7, I was forced to read something different.  I tried to find something similar to what I was used to reading, but when I found this book, my reading was transformed.  Another book that changed my book was Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.  I read it in Grade 8 and it was truly the first "adult" book that I finished that I was in love with.  I had read other "adult" novels the year prior, but this book was the first "adult" novel that I fell in love with.  I think it was the fact that the main character spoke to me in regards to the loneliness and isolation and feeling of wanting to belong.



Book Blogger Hop


This weeks question is: What is the one ARC you would love to get your hands on right now?

A book called Heft that I heard through Bibliophile by the Sea.  The premise looks promising and intriguing.  

8 comments:

Amanda Welling said...

New follower hopping through :)

Amanda
Hippies, Beauty, and Books. Oh My!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Just dropping by via the blog hop. I only recently read Jane Eyre and I absolutely loved it!

Check out my FF @ http://australianbookshelf.wordpress.com/2011/08/05/book-blogger-hop-4-and-feature-follow-friday-2-2/

I’m hosting a Mega Aussie Author GIVEAWAY which is international so please stop by and check it out!
Jayne
The Australian Bookshelf

aparajita said...

Nice Choice :)

Check out my FF @http://le-grande-codex.blogspot.com/2011/08/follow-friday-2.html too

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

I used to love Babysitters club!!! And I really need to read Jane Eyre. I own it, but it's still far down my TBR pile. Hopefully I can get to it soon! Great picks!

Here's my FF!

Unknown said...

I had a lot of friends that loved The Babysitter's Club. Great books for girls. I"m a new follower.

My Hop and Follow

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I was a huge BSC fan. It was almost all I read for years.
My Hop

pussreboots said...

One month and one day from today's hop, the book I'm highlighting comes out. Come see which book I'm talking about.

Lucy (The Secret Life of Books) said...

Hey, hopping by. I have been meaning to read Jane Eyre for so long now. I bought it a couple of month ago. Hopefully I'll get into it by Sept.

Happy Hopping

http://lily-bookhaven.blogspot.com/

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...