Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What's on Your Nightstand - October 25


October was not a good month and based on what has happened today during the last 12 hours, it will probably end the same as it started.  But I did get a number of books done and reviewed.  I realize I haven't done this in some time, but here are the books for October.

Reviews:
1.  Moneyball
2.  Persuasion
3.  The Night Circus

I did finish Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, but haven't posted my review of it yet.  And when I do, I will put up a link here, possibly later today.

What I am currently reading:
• Captivity - I have been reading this for the last couple of weeks trying to finish it and somehow I just can't, but am slowly getting myself closer to the end of the book.  Am hoping that this may be the week that I will.

• Frankenstein - Started this a number of weeks back, hoping to read it for a readathon, but didn't get around to it that weekend. Seeing as that I have a bunch of time this coming weekend, it looks like I will finally be able get around to this book.

4 comments:

morninglight mama said...

Frankenstein right before Halloween? Perfect!!
-Dawn, 5M4B

bekahcubed said...

Sorry to hear that October wasn't so great for you. Your review of The Night Circus has me intrigued--and adding it to my TBR list.

Anonymous said...

Persuasion is one of my favorite Austen books. Hope what's left of October is better for you!

Cassandra said...

I hope you have a great November! Hopefully it will be a better month all around for you. :)

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...