Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday Salon - Looking forward

I know that the majority of the people are going to be a little mad that I would even dare mention it, but I am looking forward to Christmas.  Yes, I am looking to the egg nog and the other food that comes with the season, but I am also looking forward to seeing the faces of my family as they open their gifts that I have purchased for them.

If you are wondering why I said this, its because I did my shopping for them this weekend.  I am so glad that Chapters has the option of purchasing books online with one's debit card, at least if you are member of one of Canada's five major banks.  It also makes purchasing books a little too easy and therefore very tempting, but it sure makes Christmas shopping that much easier (and I also get a little something for myself while I am at it).

Its not that I don't enjoy going to the mall and look at the various things that are available, its just that I don't like the hassle of going from store to store or going to a larger store in another community.  I like to get my Christmas shopping out of the way as soon as I can and if it means that I do it Remembrance Day long weekend and I do it online, it makes enjoying the rest of the season that much more.  I just don't like the crowds that come with going to a brick and mortar store (and its surprising that with the advent of online shopping in the past 15 years, that people still go to physical stores to get things; its almost like the internet has become a place where people look and compare before they purchase something).  I want to go to Starbucks and get a drink and read a book (if I can find a spot to read) and just relax and not have to deal with the crowds that I know that are going to be there.

Anyways, I hope you have a relaxing Sunday, however you plan on spending it and hopefully you can relax on your Sunday as best your can.

Before I forget, remember that the Bag of Bones readalong starts today.  Hope you can join!

Reviews:
1. Rebel Angels

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, I'm getting excited about Christmas, too. It helps that I have a 2-year-old in the house, who only vaguely gets the idea of Christmas as yet, but still knows that she likes the twinkly lights when they come out (which they haven't around here yet) and the Christmas music (which HAS already made its appearance).
JNCL
The Beauty of Eclecticism

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I'm with you on avoiding the crowds and using my shopping time by having coffee and relaxing at Barnes & Noble—which, incidentally, is just around the corner from where I live.

I sometimes go to Target in the same neighborhood, and for the holidays, I'll be picking up gift cards for the grandkids (their choice!). Yes, aren't they wonderful to make life easy for me. They LOVE to shop, so the cards allow them to do just that.

Congrats to you on dealing with your shopping in the way that lets you enjoy the season!

I'm all for that!

Here's MY SUNDAY SALON POST and
MY WEBSITE

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I, sadly, never shop for Christmas until the last week or so before the holiday! Eek.

Here's my Sunday Salon: Reading 264 Books. I hope you will stop by and sign up for my November Giveaway, too. It's a $25 Amazon gift card!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I wish I had my shopping done but seriously... not even sure where to start :)

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...