Sunday, December 11, 2011

Love Actually

Title: Love Actually
Director: Richard Curtis
Running time: 135 min
Released: 2004 (originally released 2003)

It's all about love and holiday cheer in London. The Prime Minister is smitten with his caterer; a widower's young son nurses the ultimate schoolboy crush; a writer falls for his Portuguese housekeeper; a devoted wife and mother copes with her potentially unfaithful husband; and a lovelorn American is desperately attracted to a colleague.

Thoughts:  One of my favourite Christmas films.  It is also one of my favourite films to just sit down and watch for a few hours on a night when I am felling somewhat gloomy and need a bit of a pickup.  One thing I like about the movie is that it shows love in the different ways that it can manifest itself.  While a lot of it deals with romantic love, there is also the love we have for family members and for those that we close to, whether it be through working relationships or through friendships.  Overall, its a good movie that can probably be viewed at any time of the year.

2 comments:

Anne said...

I love this movie, I watch it every Christmas. Such an amazing cast!

Anonymous said...

I love this movie! It's one of my regular Christmas ones, as well as Four Christmases, Home Alone, and Christmas in Wonderland (because it was filmed in my city!).

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...