Sunday, January 22, 2012

Musing Mondays (Jan. 23)

Should be Reading asks this week:

Why do you think that the Young Adult genre is so popular with even the adult readers? Do you read YA books, yourself?

I think that YA is popular, even with adult readers because the writing is much better than it was when we were young adults and the genre is so varied.   I think it started with the Harry Potter books that made the YA genre popular with adults and its just grown from there.

Yes, I do read YA and I quite enjoy them and enjoy them more than I did when I was in the target market.

2 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

I have never read YA books. I do notice some you have listed, I've heard of.

It looks like you will be busy reading this week. Are you a speed reader? Happy Reading...Read-A-Thon.

Elizabeth said...

OLD FOLLOWER....stopping by from the Blog Hop.

Elizabeth

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...