Thursday, April 5, 2012

Bleak House....

I am managing to catch up on Bleak House and one thing I have realized is that I am wanting to throw the book and quit reading it.  Reason being is that now that I am about 33% of the way through, I don't understand what the point of the book is and am getting frustrated with it.  As I was reading it, I made some notes in regards to it expressing my frustration.  And besides not liking the fact that there wasn't enough of Esther, Ada and Richard between Chapters 18-21, I find it really boring and just wished Dickens would get to the point (and from what I understood Dickens didn't really write after Bleak House).  Can somebody please tell me we get more of Esther, Ada and Richard?

(And yes the above picture is how I feel at the moment)

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...