Saturday, October 13, 2012

24 Hour #Readathon reading list

In about 5 hours, Dewey's 24 hour read-a-thon will kick off for its October edition.  I am not going to make it to the kick-off, as I need to get as much sleep as I can, as I am spending most of the day in a car traveling.  But I will be doing at least 9 hours of the read-a-thon (its a 9 hour trip from where I am to where I am going) as I travel.  Most of the read-a-thon will be done on my e-readers and through the downloaded podcasts I have gotten through LibriVox, but I will be reading some more contemporary pieces as well.

I don't plan on updating my blog throughout the read-a-thon, as I will be in transit for most of the day.  So I will be updating through my main twitter handle @melissawiebe.  If you want to see my updates, you can find it there.  And because of the fact that I won't have access to some of my books, I will be updating my goodreads account occasionally.  I hope to have a conclusion post up either late Tuesday evening or sometime Wednesday.  I know its late, but with the lack of books that I have on hand for page counts, I will have to rely on updating my twitter account as I feel needed and there will be a lot of finished how ever many chapters I completed during the hour of reading.

Here are the books that I plan on reading during the Read-a-thon later today:
• Call the Midwife
• Gone Girl
• Les Miserables
• Wuthering Heights
• Anna Karenina
• Bleak House

Happy Reading!


No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...