Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sunday Salon - Trying to get back in the groove

The last month and a half has been somewhat difficult for me and if you follow me either through my Facebook account or through my main Twitter account, you probably know this.  But in any case, I think that I am slowly turning around.  And one may ask why I may think this.  Well, the last few days, I have been reading for several hours and feeling as though it isn't a chore.  I think also going out for dinner several nights last week helped, as it got me out of the house on those evenings.  Part of the reason that I hadn't been "feeling" like myself is that I refused to go and spend money either on books or fatty, processed food and trying to work through my emotional stuff by not going to things that I consider a crutch.  And despite what one of my friends said, I wasn't trying to do to much by not going to those things that made me feel good for a moment and then made me feel lousy later on.  Even though I am not a great follower of Oprah, there is some truth in what she once said about going to things that made us feel better and then made us feel lousy later and not dealing with the emotional things that initially made us feel the way we did and sweeping it under the carpet as though it didn't exist.  But I think it was also due to the fact that I didn't really get a decent sleep until recently and I find that unless I have had a decent sleep, I am going to be more likely not to react to things properly.

But in any case, whatever it was, it seems to have passed and I am starting to feel like myself again and the things that I enjoy are no longer a chore and I am starting to want to not let things go and catch up on things.

I hope you have a restful Sunday, whatever that may look like.

Reviews:
1) Call the Midwife by Jennifer Worth (review)
2) The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag by Alan Bradley (review)

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...