Saturday, December 21, 2013

History Reading Challenge 2014 – A Sail to the Past


As some of my readers know I love history and so much so, I slaved away on a 4-year BA history degree.  I realize that its nothing to sniff at, but in the almost 10 years since getting my degree, I have barely picked up a historical text, even though I have read lots of historical fiction in the intervening years.

So when I stumbled across this challenge, I thought that this would be a great way of reading some of the books on history that are accumulating dust on my shelves.  I may only get to one of them, but that is better than most years.

The person in charge of this challenge has some very specific guidelines so if you are interested in the challenge, you can click the photo and find out more.

As for me, I plan on doing the student level.

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...