Thursday, March 20, 2014

Booking Through Thursday - Re-Reading Changes

Haven't done one of these in quite sometime, so here I go.

This week, Booking Through Thursday asks:

I’ve asked before if you re-read your books (feel free to recap), but right now I want to know if that habit has changed? Did you, for example, reread more as a child and your access to new books was limited by how often you could convince your mother to take you to the library? Has the economy affected your access so that you’re forced to reread more often now? Have you grown to look at old books as old friends so that you’re happy to spend time with them rather than rushing the next new thing?

Actually I don't re-read a lot of books and only re-read if there is a need to re-read a book (for example a book picked as bookclub read).   I think I did re-read more as a child, as I had a few favourites that I would turn to when I didn't have much to read on hand.  Since I have access to two really good library systems, I don't feel the need to re-read something.

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...