Monday, March 3, 2014

First Chapter - First Paragaph(s) - Tuesday Intros; Teaser Tuesdays

                                

Here is my choice for this week:

Labor Day by Joyce Maynard
Originally published 2009

It was just the two of us, my mother and me, after my father left.  He said I should count the new baby he had with his new wife, Marjorie, as part of my family too, plus Richard, Marjorie's son, who was six months younger than me though he was good at all the sports I messed up in.  But our family was my mother, Adele, and me, period.  I would have counted the hamster, Joe, before including that baby, Chloe.

What did you think?  Do you think you would keep reading?

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...