Saturday, March 1, 2014

Sunday Salon - February in Review and March Plans

For a month that seemed to be short, there seemed to be a lot packed into it.  I am sure that the Olympics taking place during a good portion of the month helped that along (I am still recovering from all that TV viewing, as I had two nights in which I was in bed by around 11 pm and was drifting off to sleep by around 9:30/10 pm; I am usually in bed at around midnight...)

But in addition to immense TV viewing, I also got a lot of reading completed and got two big books off my TBR list.  I also started a few more books than finished, but those are still be worked on and I hope to have them completed this month.

I got about 2200 pages read during the month, which is one of the most read months that I have had in quite sometime.  I am hoping that March comes somewhat close to what I did last month, but March tends to sometimes be a bit of month in which I tend to get into a more normal reading pattern, but I am hoping that this doesn't happen this time around.

Books finished and reviewed:
• A Great Game by Stephen J. Harper (review)
How to be a  Good Wife by Emma Chapman (review)
• Winter's Tale by Mark Halpern (review)

Book finished, but not yet reviewed:
• The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton (even though I had my misgivings about this book at the start, I did manage to get into the book and enjoyed it, to a degree)

Books I hope to complete in March:
Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
Relish by Lucy Knisley
• Somewhere in France by Jennifer Robson
• HHhH by Laurent Binet
• Moon over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool
• Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver

Hope you have a relaxing day and month.

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...