Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sunday Salon - Right now (3/16/14)

Time: 3:57 pm
Place: In the living room
Listening to: The New York Times Book Review: The Empire of Necessity (Jan. 9, 2014)
Eating: Nothing at present; still full from my lunch that I had about an hour ago.
Watching: Vancouver Canucks vs. Florida Panthers game that was on while I was gone this afternoon.
Reading: I am planning on doing my devotions for today (yeah, I'm a bad Christian by not doing my devotions in the morning) and on reading The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer and HHhH by Laurent Binet.
Making: Nothing
Planning: What shows to watch after I watch the hockey game; probably shows from Tuesday evening.
Feeling: Full. Ate some brunch a couple hours before I had lunch (had a quiche; I was at a baby shower this afternoon).
Loving: That I don't have to worry about the state of the bookshelves for the next couple of weeks.
Wanting: Not to feel this full (I feel uncomfortable if I feel this full at times).
Thinking: What I need to do tomorrow.
Looking forward to: Seeing the Veronica Mars movie tomorrow evening.

Books reviewed:
None

Books reviewed and finished:
None

Books finished but not reviewed:
• Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
• Labor Day by Joyce Maynard
• Somewhere in France by Jennifer Robson
• The Reason I Jump by Naoki Higashida

Books I hope to finish this week:
• The Interestings
• 12 Years a Slave
• HHhH
• The Whole Golden World

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...