Monday, May 26, 2014

#armchairbea 2014 - Introduction & Literature

I am sorry I am really late with this; I was really tired and I couldn't get myself to do much other than watch some stuff I had recorded.  Better late than never.

Here are five questions that I have chosen from a list that the hosts of Armchair BEA have selected to ask:

1) Describe your blog in just one sentence. Then, list your social details -- Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. -- so we can connect more online.
My blog is bookish, with a bit of some of other aspects of my life.  You can find my blog on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jaynes-Books/175685312448957?ref=bookmarks

My main twitter account is @melissawiebe, but be forewarned that I talk more than books there as well.  I also cross post my Instagram photos there as well.

2) What genre do you read the most? I love to read because ___________________ .
I like to read a wide variety, but I seem to read more literary books more than anything.  I love to read because it allows me to places and times that I couldn't otherwise go to.

3) What was your favorite book read last year? What’s your favorite book so far this year?
I can't recall what my favourite book last year, but it probably was Dearie by Bob Spitz.  So far my favourite read this year is The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer and A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens.

4) Share your favorite book or reading related quote.
My absolute favourite book would have to be A Tale of Two Cities by Dickens, with Jacob Have I Loved by Katherine Paterson a very close second.

5)  What book would you love to see as a movie?
I would love to see Jacob Have I Loved by Katherine Paterson as a movie; such a great story.

Literature

When I think of literature, I think of something that talks about multiple issues on different levels and allows for different interpretations by different people.

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...