Saturday, August 15, 2015

Sunday Salon - A relative busy week of blogging

It has been a relatively busy week of blogging for me,  I don't really know why, but maybe because I had taken a break from blogging since May to a degree (there were 11 posts in June & July), I think I have finally gotten my groove back, but once September hits, I don't know how both of my jobs will affect my blogging, but we will see how things go.

Last Sunday, my parents and I and my parents friends went to a local winery in Kamloops to taste some wine. They are a fairly new winery in BC and what they had on hand was pretty good and I quite enjoyed it.  And we got a nice drive out of it.  On Wednesday my parents and I went to Kamloops to do some things and while we were there we all had an adult Pirate Pak (if you don't know what I am referring to, here are some images to look at), which was pretty cool (it's mainly a kids thing, but one day a year White Spot, a well-known family restaurant in BC and Alberta, allows adults to get their own Pirate Pak), and then went to see Mr. Holmes, which should get some Oscar nods come the new year.  It was a really good movie.

The rest of the week was fairly quiet and laid back for me.  And included reading and blogging.

Here is what appeared on the blog this past week:

Memes:
 • Musing Mondays
 • It's Monday!  What are you reading?
 • WWW Wednesdays
 • Book Beginnings & The Friday 56

Sign-ups:
  • 3rd Annual Beat the Heat Readathon
  • Bout of Books 14

Book Reviews:
 • Madame Picasso by Anne Girard
 • Fall on Your Knees by Ann-Marie MacDonald
 • After the War is Over by Jennifer Robson

Here are the things that I completed but didn't make it on to the blog:

Books completed:
• Travelling to Infinity by Jane Hawking
• The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot

I also got a number of book review rough drafts worked on and hope to have a number of them up on the blog sometime during the week.  I also hope to complete To Kill A Mockingbird this week as well and start The Odyssey.  Hope you all  have a great week!


No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...