Saturday, October 17, 2015

24 Hour Readathon - October 2015 #readathon


Somehow I had gotten it into my head that the 24-hour readathon was next Saturday.  I guess because of the fact that I have been very busy in the last few weeks and have basically just barely existed and manage to get through my day, but for whatever the reason I didn't clue into the fact that it was taking place today in about 3 and a half hours (I had 2 large drinks from a fast food place that has golden arches in its logo).  I realize that this means I won't get cheerleaders assigned to me but that is okay since we all sort of cheer for each other anyways.

Since I am going to participate here are the books that I will be reading:
• Bone the complete series by Jeff Smith
• The Dead in their Vaulted Arches by Alan Bradley
• In the Unlikely Event by Judy Blume
• 2 Book Tour books I need to read for this coming week
• A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James
• Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell by Susanna Clarke
• Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King

I realize that the second last book is a very long book, as is the first book, but that one at least is a graphic novel that can easily be read fairly easily.  I also have over six days worth of podcasts that I would like to get through and off my iPod and I have a lot of hours recorded on my PVR, not to mention the extended editions of the Lord of the Rings movies that I purchased through iTunes for about $30 and the various movies and TV series that I have borrowed from the library.

As for food, I really don't know what I am going to eat, but I do have veggies that I need to eat up and also a lot of cheese and there is always those golden arches to get dinner from at 8:30ish pm that will keep me up until the wee hours of the morning.

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...