Saturday, March 19, 2016

Sunday Salon - It's been a while...

It has been a while since I have posted a Salon posting, primarily it has come down to the fact that I have been busy with life and when I have had had time, I just haven't felt the urge to post or felt that what I had to post was worth posting.  It also doesn't help that I haven't been feeling like reading for a while. While I have picking my way through a number of books, I just haven't the compunction to pick up a book and read solidly read for large portions of time, except when I need to.

Most of my time has been spent binge watching TV shows and the odd movie on my computer.  I have managed to finish a book in the last little while and quite enjoyed it.  The book was called A Place like Alice, which a really good book and I would highly recommend the book.

I am also binge listening podcasts so that I can get space back on my iPod (I am down from about 9 days to about 7.6, which I am sure went down today after about 10 hours of podcast listening, some of which I sped through because the topic didn't interest me and the information was out of date) again.  

As to what I am reading currently, I am reading Mary Poppins and not just the main novel, but an omnibus of the four main novels (can't remember the other titles) and The Royal We, which I can say is totally addicting and seems to get me to read more just when I want to put the book down.

I am planning to read a little more tomorrow while watching a little March Madness action, but after watching three straight days, I need to do something else for a little bit (helps that the teams I am following, Duke and Gonzaga don't play tomorrow).  Maybe I'll post some more of the backlog of reviews that I have...

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...